st game. You got to get through the jitters and after that you | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Sep 13

PHOENIX -- With two of the Arizona Diamondbacks best options at closer dealt at the trading deadline, rookie Jake Barrett has been handed the job. Cheap Athletics Jerseys Authentic . Hes having a rough time adjusting to it.Manager Chip Hale said hell look forward to getting Barrett back on the mound as soon as Friday against the Milwaukee Brewers, but more outings like Wednesdays could change Barretts role again.Barrett was charged with four runs in two-thirds of an inning as the Washington turned a one-run game into another convincing victory, 8-3 over the Diamondbacks, to complete a three-game sweep.We put him in to keep that one-run deficit, Hale said of Barrett. Felt good about coming back in the ninth. Just couldnt get that third out. Got the first two and then that third one ... The walks hurt him. Tough luck, but weve got to turn it around.Barrett didnt have much to say after walking in a run and with one of the three free passes he issued, plus two hits.I was just going out there trying to make my pitches. It just wasnt happening, he said.Arizona lost its fourth straight and sixth in seven games. The Diamondbacks are winless in nine Wednesday games at home this season.The Diamondbacks battled against All-Star Max Scherzer, who struck out 11 in eight innings. Scherzer also delivered a two-run single to help his cause.Scherzer (12-6) allowed three runs on four hits, giving up two homers, and walked one. He is 3-0 in four starts against his former team, which drafted the four-time All-Star and former Cy Young Award winner No. 11 overall in 2006.Daniel Murphys sixth-inning solo home run broke a 1-1 tie before Scherzer bounced a single up the middle with the bases loaded and two outs, driving in Anthony Rendon and Danny Espinosa.Any time you can do something at the plate to help your team, it really puts a smile on everybodys face, Scherzer said.I didnt make a pitch. I threw a cutter that just ran in like a fastball and he put a good swing on it and got it back up the middle and got a hit. Tip your hat to him. He put a good at-bat together, Diamondbacks starter Zack Godley said of Scherzer.Godley (3-2) allowed four runs and eight hits with seven strikeouts and a walk in six innings.Scherzer held the Diamondbacks hitless for four innings, but David Peralta led off the bottom of the fifth with a double to left field. Peralta advanced to third on a wild pitch, and with one out, scored when Bryce Harper dropped a sliding catch of Brandon Drurys shallow fly ball to right.That tied the game at 1, after Trea Turners second career home run and first of 2016 came with one out in the top of the third.The Nationals went ahead 4-1 in the sixth before Jake Lambs solo shot in the bottom of the inning. It was Lambs second homer in as many days.Yasmany Tomas cut the Nationals lead to one with a home run in the seventh, the first time in his career hes gone deep in consecutive games.The Nationals scored the four runs in the ninth off Barrett, on Espinosas RBI ground-rule double, a walk and Clint Robinsons two-run pinch-hit single.The guys that are throwing the pitches are good enough, they just need to execute better, Hale said. Locate better, pitch selection better, which the catchers and the pitchers are both responsible. I hate to make a blanket statement. I think the guys throwing the pitches when were struggling are good enough to get people out, we just need to keep working with them to make them better.TRAINERS ROOMNationals: Harper returned to the lineup after missing Tuesdays game because of illness. ... IF Ryan Zimmerman remained out with a wrist injury; he hasnt played since July 31 at San Francisco.UP NEXTNationals: The club had yet to name a starting pitcher for Friday at home against San Francisco after Thursdays day off.Diamondbacks: RHP Braden Shipley (1-1) is set for his third major league start Friday against Milwaukee, after making his major league debut July 25 against the Brewers on the road. Hes coming off six scoreless innings at Los Angeles on July 30. Cheap MLB Jerseys . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. http://www.cheapathleticsjerseys.com/ . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Jay Cutler can envision bigger things for the Chicago Bears offense.It just might take some time.The Bears will step onto the field with a decidedly different cast when they open the season at the Houston Texans on Sunday.The talent level is definitely there, Cutler said. Weve improved in a lot of different areas. How it is going to go on Sunday, I mean were confident and Im sure they are confident as well. This group I think has the potential to get better and better each and every week.The Bears certainly had plenty of room to grow coming off a last-place finish in the NFC North at 6-10.They go into their second season under coach John Fox and general manager Ryan Pace with an overhauled defensive front seven and no shortage of new players on offense. They added a major one this week when they signed three-time Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton after he was a surprise cut by Green Bay.That had to make Cutler a happy man.After all, a quarterback who in the past took more than his share of big hits behind weak lines in Chicago now has two elite guards in Sitton and Kyle Long. That cant hurt with J.J. Watt staring at them this week.Anytime you can get a guy like (Sitton), a level of player of his nature, youve got to be excited, Cutler said. He solidifies that offensive line and hes going to help make us better.Sittons arrival allows rookie Cody Whitehair to move from left guard to center, which the Bears believe is his best position. And the way they were talking, he might be the one snapping to Cutler even though veteran Ted Larsen is listed No. 1 on the depth chart.Things come natural to him, Cutler said. Hes a natural football player, natural offensive lineman. With him, he just hadnt snapped as much as some of these othher guys. Cheap Oakland Athletics Jerseys. . He is a heck of an athlete and the last couple days have been a smooth transition for him.Its not just the line that got an upgrade. Cutler could be throwing to two top receivers in Alshon Jeffery and Kevin White.Thats assuming the Bears made the right call when they drafted White with the No. 7 overall pick in 2015. They didnt get a chance to find out last season because of a stress fracture in his left shin.White finally appears ready to make his debut, though he did show up on Thursdays injury report as a limited participant because of a hamstring issue.Fox offered few details on that, saying, Not being a surgeon or a doctor, they just tell me hamstring and thats what I report to you guys.Assuming White is ready to play, it will be a long-awaited debut. At 6-foot-3 and 216 pounds, the Bears believe he has the size and skills to become a major threat. If he develops the way they envision, they could have a dominant pair as well as a cushion should Jeffery -- playing this season on the franchise tag -- eventually leave.For now, Cutler feels comfortable with White. The two spent time together in Lake Forest and at the quarterbacks home in Tennessee during the offseason.I know a lot about Kevin, Cutler said. I know what he likes and what he doesnt like. How he runs routes. Its just a matter of experience. He just has to get out there and there are things he has to experience and go through in his first game. You got to get through the jitters and after that you just have to play football. Hes a very good football player.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 

Share: